Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I am a genius!

From my doorstop interview:

QUESTION:

Should teachers get paid better? Is this a good plan?

DR NELSON:

Look as I said in by Budget in Reply last Thursday week, one of the key reforms that must be undertaken is we must set a much higher minimum standard for entry into teacher training and so long as we live in a country where the most mediocre disengaged teacher gets paid exactly the same as the one that’s in early and home late and is on the phone looking after parents and kids at the weekend then it’s very hard for us to have high quality outcomes in teaching.
Brilliant.

Just brilliant.

Am I Australia's greatest orator, or what? Unfortunately, the media like to focus on my "unpopularity" and "unlike-ability", and that survey that said I had overtaken clowns as the greatest childhood fear.

Watch out Kramer, Nelson's comin' to get ya!

No comments: