Monday, August 4, 2008

Peter Costello speculation

There is nasty speculation among the meaner journalists in the Press Gallery that Peter Costello is going to come and take away my job.

I say, he had his chance at the leadership, so there. But to quell speculation we had a "bit of a chat".

We met in a local Starbucks. I was a little early, so I ordered a double-tall-vanilla-skim-soy-latte flavoured beverage. Eventually, Costello sauntered in, saw me, and smirked.

"Hello Dr. Nelson" he said "You have my full support."

Thank God. My job is safe. I will lead the Liberals to a stunning victory in the next election.

We spent the next 3 hours talking about general topics. Creedance. Our favourite alcopops. Our disappointment that Starbucks are closing (we'll have to go to Queanbeyan to get good coffee).

At the end of our meeting Costello grabbed my hand, pulled me close and whispered "Don't turn around. From now on, I've got your back."

What a great guy.

No comments: