Monday, May 26, 2008

Alcopop

"The alcopop,
makes me dizzy,
and just can't stop,
til' it's finished,
and I don't know what,
if I'm funny 'bout the alcopop,
and the love of money"*
I am enraged that the ALP has taxed my favourite drinks. I used to be able to buy a four pack of Cruisers for 12 dollars, but suddenly it's gone up to $16. I can buy a six pack of imported beer for that, but unfortunately the bubbles hurt my tongue so beer is out of the question.

Plus my wife won't let me drink beer anymore because last year I drank a bottle of Cascade Light and didn't stop singing CCR for three days.

I want to make it clear to Australian working families out there that the Liberal Party of Australia supports binge drinking in all its forms.

Red, my favourite

*from the song Alcopop by the Divine Comedy.

No comments: