Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mike turns nasty

I was interviewed by Mike Carlton this morning. We were having a lovely chat about how, after years of prosperity under the Howard Government, Australians were suddenly so poor that 5 cents off every litre of petrol would be the difference between king-like wealth and abject poverty that would last forever and ever when he suddenly started digging into me.

CARLTON:

It doesn’t give Malcolm Turnbull much time to get rid of you, though, does it?

DR NELSON:

Look, Malcolm’s doing a very effective job keeping Mr Swan awake at night.

CARLTON:

He’s doing a very effective job looking, sizing-up your shoulder blades too, isn’t he?

DR NELSON:

Actually, if I could just before we go, if I could just get back to something that’s a real issue for people at the moment and that is this FuelWatch which the Government is wanting to impose upon us. I just point out to you Mike and Sandy that we obviously support as much consumer information getting out there as possible but we are opposed to the price setting regulatory nature of FuelWatch, as is the RACV in Victoria, as is the RAA. In fact the only motoring organisation in the country that seems to support it is the NRMA. And the reason we’re opposed to it is because the people who are less concerned about the price of petrol will pay a bit less and the people that were all queued up last night are going to pay a bit more.

Few, I'm glad I managed to get around that. I hope nobody noticed and put it on a blog.

No comments: